Friday, June 4, 2010

Thankful

Dear Jesus,

Thank you.  For teaching me (continually and still) that I can't control anyone but myself.  For providing for our needs daily.  For giving me a husband who loves me AND tells me.  For your Word that directs, comforts, and gives us all we need.  For the Holy Spirit that convicts us and leads us to repentance.  For the example of true love that you showed us through dying on the cross for our dreadful sins.  That depiction of love is what drives us daily.  Your example reminds us that love is not easy.  But it is deep.  It is real.  It is a choice, a commitment.  It's staying when running seems like an option.  Love is sacrificial.  It calls us to put others first.  Lord, thank you for the fun, the laughter, the memories (and the ones to come!).

Thank you that today, because of YOU, Daniel and I are celebrating our marriage of five years!  We love YOU so much and give YOU all the glory!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary my sweet friend. I am so proud of you and Daniel. I remember that day 5 years ago...it seems like yesterday. I will continue to pray for you both to fall more and more in love with each other and our Lord.
    Love you! Congrats on 5 years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GUYS.........IT'S SO FUNNY ON VACATION ON 6/3 I KEPT THINKING, IS IT SOMEONE'S BDAY OR SOMETHING..........I THINK JAMIE'S ANNIVERSARY IS MAYBE 6/6.........ANYWAY CONGRATS, GOD IS DEFINITELY GOOD AND I'M SO BLESSED TO BE ABLE TO CONTINUE TO OBSERVE WHAT HE'S DONE AND IS DOING IN YOUR LIFE.......LOVE YOU! M

    ReplyDelete