Friday, January 1, 2010

Have you ever met someone who made you want to know God more?  There was just something about that person that didn't necessarily draw you to him or her, but to the One who made him or her.  I've been very blessed to know a good number of those people, and I pray that one day I may shine Christ the way they do.


One of those people to me is Heather Gilion.  I met her my second year in Springfield.  Every opportunity I have to be around her, I walk away wanting more of Christ.  Heather and her sister, Holly, recently wrote a book that I'm on the heels of finishing, called Dancing On My Ashes.  It's their joint testimony of, as they say, their journey to Learning to Love the One Who Gives and Takes Away.  Each page of this book, through the joys and the sorrows, they are brutally honest and real and I appreciate that in each of them.  As I'm reading it and each time I lay it down, I find myself asking, "Is my love for Christ that real, that intimate?  Do I know him in the desperate, longing way they speak about?  Am I anxiously looking forward each day to the time I spend alone in with God in His Word?".  And, in the midst of those questions, I'm in no way comparing myself to them or their journey.  I'm being challenged to know and love my Savior more and more.  To be intentional and real about my relationship with Him.  Thank you, Lord, for this beautiful reminder that you want to know each of us so intimately.


To check out their book here, and to see an interview with Heather and her husband, Dallas, go here.


9781607998716med.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment